Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

How can a file with contact information be imported to SLX without creating any activities at all?

Hello,

I have to import a file with 7000 records without scheduling any activities for any of them . Please advise what can be done in this case?

Thanks,

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: How can a file with contact information be imported to SLX without creating any activities at all?

[ Edited ]

Activities will only be created if you have defined this within your import routine / code

Are you importing new Contacts (and Accounts) or updating existing Contacts with new/updated information?

Message Edited by AdamTravers on 06-14-2010 05:15 PM
Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Tuned Listener

Re: How can a file with contact information be imported to SLX without creating any activities at all?

Most of them are new contacts.

We usually define activity priorities and Puchase rates before importing any file. Should I omit this step to avoid any activities being created?

Thanks,

Bronze Elite Contributor

From what youve said and not knowing your system I would omit that step. However, I would strongly advise you run this through a test system first! Its a golden rule when importing data (Also, backup your live db before you do the import)

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Adam,

I did omit those steps (for 50 records) and still the activities were created. The back up in our organisation is taken care by a third party.I am thinking of importing the entire file and then deleting the activities. Then those activities would not pop up until 60 days, unless there is a way to avoid any activities during the import process.

Regards