Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

Hide/Show Tabs at runtime in the webclient 7.5 sp1

How can a tab be hidden at runtime based on the account type in the webclient? Our client needs a tab to disappear for a certain value of Account Type and show up again if the type is changed to a different value.

Any thoughts and feedback are much appreciated.

Allen

Employee

Re: Hide/Show Tabs at runtime in the webclient 7.5 sp1

You can accomplish this in v7.5.2 (I've not done it, but seem to recall this was a fix or enhancement in SP2).

In SP1, you will have to take a different approach where the Tab form itself remains, but you modify the visible contents of the form.

One approach is to create two Panels - stacked one on top of the other. One panel is empty, or maybe has a label on it indicating that this Tab only applies where Account.Type = "XXXXXX". The other panel has the normal data bound controls, etc.

Use the tab form OnLoad() event handler to examine the Account.Type value and then set one panel to Visible=true and the other to false.

Todd Hardin
SalesLogix Professional Services Group
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the response. My challenge is that there are multiple tabs applicable to different account types, and i need to show different combinations of them for each account type. So i cant really put them on a single tab on panels. I will try to go back to the client and indicate that they will need to upgrade(ouch) to be able to do this.

Allen

Employee

You might be able to construct a solution using the MultiTab control.  One tab page in the multitab control for each Account.Type.  Hide all tab pages except the one that matches the current Account.Type.  Have a default multi-tab page to show if the Account.Type value is not one that you have a mathcing multi-tab page for.

Or maybe wait till you have upgraded them to SP2 ?

Todd Hardin
SalesLogix Professional Services Group