Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Reply
Nickel Contributor
Posts: 52
Registered: ‎01-25-2010

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable URGENT!

Yesterday, I had a user accidently delete some contacts using the Web Client.  I restored the previous days backup and ran the SQL update script provided by SalesLogix.

Now when attempting to access the site, we are getting an HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.  I ran thru items with Sage Support but to no avail.  I rebuild the Web Server again this morning from scratch following every detail of the installation documents but still have the same problem.

I am leaving on vacation this weekend and need to get this fixed ASAP.

Any help would be appreciated.

The setup is an App server, Web Server, SQL server and a Reporting Server all running Windows 2008 R2.  SQL is 2008 R3.

The SalesLogix Pool App does start but then stops when the site is accessed.

Event Viewer Error only shows under System, Event ID 5059 WAS, App Pool SalesLogix has been disabled. Under Application, the only Event ID is 10 WMI, Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

 

Thanks

Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎09-13-2012

Re: HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable URGENT!

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem just now and on our system the local account WebDLL was locked out. I had to unlock it, start the SalesLogix Application Pool and everything just went fine.

 

It may not help you anymore but maybe it helps the next one with the same problem Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎02-05-2010

Re: HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable URGENT!

Here is an additional scenario that I saw today when trying to launch the web client. We were receiving the Error 503. 

 

Using the comments already posted for this issue, I checked the WebDLL user. The account was not locked out, but the setting instead had been set to "User must change password at next login". I cleared this checkbox. 

 

Next, I checked IIS, and noticed that the Saleslogix application pool status was stopped. I tried to start the App Pool, but it stopped right away. 

 

So, I went back to Server Manager, Configuration, Local Users and Groups, Users, and right-clicked on the WebDLL user and selected Set Password. I set in the WebDLL password that had originally been set for WebDLL. 

 

Back to IIS, I was then able to start the Application Pool. Also, for the SlxClient application, Basic Settings, I clicked Test Settings, and both Authentication and Authorization were now green / valid. 

 

Hope this helps someone,

 

Tom Kaiser

Sienna Solutions