Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Super Contributor

Error when I launch the SXLClient

I get an HTTP error 500.19 internal server error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

below are the details on the page. can anyone help me with resolving this please?

Config Error    This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".

Config Source:

263: 		</modules>
  264: 		<handlers>
  265: 			<add name="slxdata" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="*" path="slxdata.ashx" type="Sage.Integration.Web.SageIntegrationHandler, Sage.Integration.Web" />
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Error when I launch the SXLClient

Going by the error message, is there a parent level configuration directive that's blocking the handlers from being set? And as usual, IIS/server versions will help diagnose the errors. If you're running other web apps on the web server you could have some conflicts. Most commonly, there is either a website called "Saleslogix" or the default web site, containing the SLX apps and nothing else. If this is the case, you should delete the web.config in the parent directory (inetpub/saleslogix or inetpub/wwwroot). However, if there are other apps, you will need to go through the web.config by hand.

Make sure your prerequisites are in place... you'll need .NET 4.0 and .NET 4.5 on the server. Make sure the website is set to integrated mode and 32-bit applications are enabled on the application pool. 

Andy Freeman
TrellisPoint, LLC
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Error when I launch the SXLClient

Thank you... that was helpful. I can now move forward with this web portal madness.