Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Super Contributor

Error 1053 when trying to start SLX Cache Service or SLX DBEventing

Hi, I had the following error:

2014-04-04 14:55:57,981 [6] ERROR Memcached.ClientLibrary.SockIOPool - Failed to get SockIO obj for: 127.0.0.1:11211 -- new socket is not connected
System.IO.IOException: Could not connect for 50 milliseconds
   bei Memcached.ClientLibrary.SockIO.GetSocket(String host, Int32 port, Int32 timeout)
   bei Memcached.ClientLibrary.SockIO..ctor(SockIOPool pool, String host, Int32 timeout, Int32 connectTimeout, Boolean noDelay)
   bei Memcached.ClientLibrary.SockIOPool.CreateSocket(String host)

So I installed the Sage SalesLogix Cache Service. When I try to start the Sage SalesLogix Cache Service, I get the following error:

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

The same thing happens, if I want to start the SalesLogix DBEventing Service. Actually it did never start.

What could cause this error and what can I do about this?

Employee

Re: Error 1053 when trying to start SLX Cache Service or SLX DBEventing

The SalesLogix Cache Service runs over port: 11211, so ensure this port is open and not blocked by any Firewalls.

1. On the Web Host server, login to Application Architect
  2. Open Project Explorer
  3. Expand Portal Manager
  4. Expand Sage SalesLogix
  5. Expand Support Files
  6. Locate and open the web.config file
  7. Towards the foot of the file locate the following section:

<sage.platform>

< Sage.Platform.Caches.Memcached protocol="Binary">

< servers>

< add address="127.0.0.1" port="11211"/>

< /servers>

< socketPool connectionTimeout="00:00:02" deadTimeout="00:00:10"/>

< performanceMonitor factory="Enyim.Caching.Memcached.DefaultPerformanceMonitorFactory, Enyim.Caching" name="SlxClient" />

< /Sage.Platform.Caches.Memcached>

< /sage.platform>

1. Edit the <add address=”127.0.0.1” to equal as the IP address of     the new SalesLogix Cache Service server
  2. Save the changes
  3. Repeat steps 8-11 for additional Web Portals that you want to use     the SalesLogix Cache Service (Process Host Portal, SData Integration Host     and Sage SalesLogix Customer Portal)
  4. CTRL + Build Web Platform and then Deploy all required portals to     apply the changes
  5. Run Task Manager or similar on the SalesLogix Cacher service whilst     navigating the SLX Web Client and observe CPU and Memory activity against     the MemCached*32 service.