Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Desktop Enhancements 401 (ish) under 8.1

Out of interest though - can you see the Write | MailMerge button - I can't. Drag/Drop and Export to XL (Server Side) works. But MM refuses to run - and the Install Desktop Enhancements continually shows up (as if it's not installed). If you run it, just get option to remove/repair. This is using Office 32bit plus the 8.1 install (not core01 yet).

Mail Merge is not working, at least not on my machine, but that's a dev box so has libs, and patches installed all over, I don't *think* it's working on anyone elses though.

Desktop Enhancements does show as installed though, so suspect it may be a different problem.  Top top I was given, when you install enhancements, and start IE it asks if you want the helper to have permissions to run, apparently you're supposed to say no!

Employee

A defect is logged for the test button not working on desktop manager. 14094894.

Loretta Carroll
QA Engineer

Was this ever fixed and if so, what build? I'm experiencing this with 8.1 update 03b.

I am also having mixed results when using the integration tool. I have around 150 outside reps using laptops all over the country. Some are able to sync from Outlook to SLX, most are able to sync from SLX to outlook. Occasionally, however, I am running into Connection timeout issues that have nothing to do with the speed of the machine, or their access to the Sdata feed. I am wondering if there is a Port either from the server to my exchange server, or from their Outlook to the sdata internet feed that needs to be available for it to work?

Gold Super Contributor

You are not the only one experiencing Outlook Sync issues on 8.1 - just about everyone is.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

Great. Currently one the weird issue is that most of my users are able to sync from SLX to outlook no problem. However, going the other way is an issue.

Also, I have users who are timing out, who are setup the same as the other users as well.

Pretty weird.

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

YEP - Seen the same thing - Outlook TO SLX is tthe one that fails 99% of the time.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html