Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Deleting Accounts

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to clean up our SLX database and in doing so ran into something interesting.  I went into the admin mode and deleted the account.  The issue is, I can still see the account name but nothing else, why is that? How can I delete an account/contact permanently?

Sincerely,

Lavon

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Deleting Accounts

Not sure what you mean by Admin mode (there isn't such a mode!) - could you explain a bit more?

When I log in as the administrator.

I deleted the account and the account had no history or notes.  To ensure that the account was truely deleted, I looked it up in the search screen. Whenever I look it up, the name still shows up.

Silver Super Contributor

Do you mean the little drop-down window (like the "remember" setting in IE? - when you hit the lookup with magnifying glass) - if you do a "real" search (hit the popup button next to the name) does it still exist? I suspect it's just because it's remembered it (it doesn't actually exist in DB).

If they annoy you (the ones it remembers) simply delete:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SalesLogix\Saleslogix\MRU

And they'll go on next restart of client.

Mike

I am not sure how to get to that path.  Can you please explain?
Silver Super Contributor

Use RegEdit from the Start | Run menu - if you have never used this tool - strongly advise you seek IT assistance in order to do so. The potential for trashing windows is huge if you accidentally delete the wrong key !

Thank you for your help!