Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Custom fields are not displaying on Account Views

Hi,

It's been awhile since I've had contact with the SLX community. I'm currently troubleshooting something in SLX 7.0.1.1075 Client/Server application. DB is on MSSQL Server 2000. No Sync Server. All users are on the Desktop client.

I added some custom fields to the Account table, all of them are long integer types. I placed them on a custom tab view in edit boxes. As Admin I can see the data in all of the edit boxes. As a regular user with all rights, I can only see three out of these same five fields. All of the edit boxes have the same exact properties except for text, name, left, top and width. Nothing extraordinary, but two fields will not show anything and I can't seem to figure out why.

The fields display fine in List View. I've tried putting edit boxes linked to the same fields on the Account Detail View and I get the same result. What's up with this?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

John Houlgate

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Custom fields are not displaying on Account Views

Hi John,

i had similar problems in SLX 7.22 and SLX 7.51.

Try to set field level security new. Open Administrator --> Manage --> Field Security Profiles --> Select Profile of the Users, if you don't have own select Read/Write Default --> Edit --> Select Table then:

- Set to Read Only --> Save --> Open Profile again and set back to Read/Write --> Save

This helped in my case.

Check first in your Test Enviroment!

Regards

Rainer Raebiger

bizz consult gmbh

Regards
Rainer Raebiger
Copper Contributor

I think I solved it. I removed Everyone release on the form, then re-added it. It's now showing data in the edit boxes.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks Rainer,

Your solution was next on my list, but the re-release seemed to get it done.

JH