Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Custom Lookup

Hi all.

We want to create a lookup that has a criteria in it.

For example, when we go to the Architect --> Manage --> Lookups and we choose the table and the field to lookup "Search Field" we want to be able to set a criteria.

The lookup we want to create is based on a custom table myTable that has a one-to-many relationship with the ACCOUNT table (ACCOUNT --> myTable), the search field is ContractNumber but we only want to provide results for ACTIVE results, i.e. Status = ACTIVE. How can we do this without having to create another custom table myTable_ActiveStatus that would update every day so when the user uses the lookup it would only display ACTIVE results.

Thank you in advance!

SLX LAN v7.2.1

Nickel Contributor

Re: Custom Lookup

Hello,

You could create a custom view in the database using the following steps from customerfx , then have your lookup refer to this view as the main table. If you have remote clients then you will need to consider how to push the view out to your remotes.

Chad Morton
Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

Would this in anyway slow down our system? Will this be an issue when we upgrade to LAN v7.5?

Nickel Contributor

I can't attest to the impact it will have on your system without knowing how many records are in your table and how well defined your indexes on that table are.

It should not present an issue when you upgrade to 7.5

Chad Morton
Highlighted

I have a view to search phone numbers (all mobile, work, home,other).

and a lookup on this view, it does find the record(s) however does not diplay the contact record, gives an error:

Data Path SQL Error: Failed to parse SQL

someone please HELP!

Silver Contributor

What does the SQL look like?

RJ Samp