Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Currency Code selection

Hi - wondering where the option is for users to select the currency when creating a new opportunity. Some are taken to the currency code lookup and some are taken straight to the insert opportunity screen.

SLX 7.5.3 LAN

Thanks in advance
Leon

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Currency Code selection

In Tools | Manage | Opportunity Defaults - the user can set their currency here (if blank, I suspect it prompts).
Highlighted

Thanks Mike. The default form doesn't allow clearing. I can change the control property to allow it and will see what happens.

Highlighted

No luck. Still goes to new opp screen with a blank date which then causes null errors. Must be somewhere else.
Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Could you post an image of the issue - as, previously, you said currency code - and now you say date ?
Highlighted

Sorry - auto correction or mistype! The currency code is blank - nothing to do with date.

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

So, even though it's set in options - it doesn't get set in the opp? Has any of this been customised?
Highlighted

Yes, the currency does default to the one set in the users options, however, some users get the currency selection lookup ( ExchangeRate:CurrencyCode ) prior to the Insert Oppportunity form and others do not - even though they all have a default currency set. I'm trying to nail down where this difference is.

The Insert Opportunity form has been customised, however, it is the same form for everyone. Also, it is the standard menus/tool bar calling the SLX "Function > InsertSmiley Surprisedpportunity" which lead me to believe it is a user option somewhere that shows the currency lookup first instead of going straight to the Insert Opportunity form with their default currency set.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks again

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

You're going to need to revert to out of box - and try it. It could be custom code, could be something else. Try also run slxprofiler to see if it gets the right user option for currency.
Highlighted

Thanks Mike for your responses - I will do some more digging.