Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

Contact process - add a phone call for account manager

Hello,

I like to create a contact process with a phone call. This phone call should be scheduled for the account manager of the contact.

Is there any chance to do this? Or do we need to script it?

Thanks Guido
Best regards
Guido Sterzing

SalesLogix Business Partner
RS systeme GmbH
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Contact process - add a phone call for account manager

To pick up the Contacts Account manager within a Contact process would require coding from within the Contact Process - Script

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Silver Contributor

Hi Guido,

As Adam said, you have to script this.

You can then use the Activity Object to create an activity.

This is a little easier than doing sql.

When you do SQL remember to add a record to Activity and User_activity, otherwise the user will not see this activity in his calender.

Alexander

Nickel Contributor

You can do this one of two ways, both involve some script.

Method 1 (what everyone else has been telling you)

Launch the process via the interface, and then have a script do the assignment

Method 2

script the creation of the contact process, and have the process be very plain.

info on method 2 can be found here:

slxdeveloper article

hope that helps

ws

Copper Super Contributor

I have a similar issue and have been looking at scripting in contact processes. I've been trying to figure out how do you tell in a script which process is running and which step it is on? Any functions at all designed to allow contact process scripts to interact with contact processes?

Wondering how I would change the process owner in midstream. I have a couple of senarios where the process owner might change and have several work arounds such as a sales manager reviews web lead and assigns account manager, account manager calls and qualifies and then creates opportunity. In my humble opinion you should have an option for contact process actions to be assigned to "account manager" whomever that may be in addition to process owner, user who assiged, user who scanned, or a specific user.

Another issue would be in terms of scheduling. You can schedule x days after being triggered. Some activities (such as seminar reminders) need to be scheduled for specific days. Again in my humble you should have an option in addition to in x days the ability to assign as specific date.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

>>I've been trying to figure out how do you tell in a script which process is running and which step it is on?

There is not a "CurrentProcessId", but you can reverse engineer it. I have a script that does that by grabbing the last one to have any activity for THIS user and THIS contact. Contact Processes set CurrentContactId to the contact in play here. This as been reliable when run from inside the process as part of a script.

Function GetCurrentProcessId dim cn dim r, sql set cn = application.GetNewConnection sql = "Select Top 1 PROCESSID from process where targetid = '" & application.BasicFunctions.CurrentContactID _ & "' and USERID = '" & Application.BasicFunctions.CurrentUserID & "' " _ & "order by lastaction desc" set r = cn.execute(sql) GetCurrentProcessId = r.fields(0).Value & "" set r = nothing set cn = nothing end function

Keep in mind this won't work for Oracle (the provider will choke on the TOP 1 in the SQL). As far as what step you are on.... sorry I have not delved into that deep, dark, scary place to figure that one out.

>>>Any functions at all designed to allow contact process scripts to interact with contact processes?

Not really. How would you use that?

>>>Wondering how I would change the process owner in midstream.

Make your processes smaller and more modular. When you get to the branch - end your current process by launching the next one for the next person.

>>>In my humble opinion you should have an option for contact process actions to be assigned to "account manager" whomever that may be in addition to process owner, user who assiged, user who scanned, or a specific user.

I agree with you... typically I wind up scripting that stuff as a result.

>>> Another issue would be in terms of scheduling. You can schedule x days after being triggered. Some activities (such as seminar reminders) need to be scheduled for specific days. Again in my humble you should have an option in addition to in x days the ability to assign as specific date.

Another good suggestion for Sage... and again - script is the safety valve to make things happen when other methods fail.

hope that helps

ws