04-17-2009 03:57 PM
Recently Microsoft released security patches which have now disabled our SalesLogix Contact Details view from loading. An error of Startup error: OBJECT expected on line 1 is now displayed at startup. Account Details, Activities, Calendar, Library and Reports all load fine. Contact Details will NOT display under any circumstances. This now happens for any NEW installations or old installations which are re-installed following an uninstall. SP1 and SP2 behave equally bad.
We have spent a day with 3 people working on this problem and we have not had any luck. We have 70 users on a Terminal Server who are now completely shutdown because of this!
04-17-2009 04:32 PM
It's highly unlilkely this is a MS security issue (we also use TermServer and aren't seeing this) - all my clients (who also subscribe to MS Updates) aren't seeing it either.
Object expected - this normally means a particular dll/ocx that's being called upon has been de-registered. You could use a dependency walker to find that.
Also, it could be something customised for your site that also relies on a 3rd party component (like Satori software for example).
The first thing to do is de-release your contact details form and re-release the out of box version - does that have the same issue ?
Next - check the OnChange/OnOpen events - what's going on in there ?
Does SLXProfiler show anything special
Other than that - could be a multitude of other things that only a "live" on-site check could resolve,
PS Let me know if you'd like me to take a look remotely.
04-18-2009 06:47 PM
Thanks for the help Mike but nothing is helping! Spent 4 hours on my laptop today and affected Terminal Server and believe this must be something Active Directory or domain profile related. One of my developers tried a fresh Windows XP virtual machine install outside of the domain and that WORKS. He used to work and now its erroring on Contact Details. In fact ALL of our developers got this error recently as 3 days ago following no changes on their code or logic with the exception of Microsofts wonderful Tuesday patches. We have not been the same since then.
I tried the following:
Tried using SLXProfiler, Microsofts Dependency walker, etc. to ascertain what is loading when the Contact Details is loading. Nothing obvious or easily traceable. Being that this has happend in the past week, and NOTHING has changed since then, I believe this is network policy or Microsoft's issue with some patch recently applied.
Existing installations of 7.2.1 are FINE so long as you don't uninstall SalesLogix. Once that is done, you cannot get it to run again (or atleast load the Contact Details screen).
Additionally, nothing is loading in the Open, Create sections of code and nothing has been added to this view. As an aside, the generic Contact Details that came with SalesLogix WILL NOT WORK either!
This is far and away the strangest problem I have seen in my 15 years in IT. I believe something was altered at the Active Directory/Domain level by some Microsoft patch which renders systems "damaged" in some way so they cannot load what is needed for the Contact Details view. Why is it just the Client and this view? All others are fine? That's what is really bugging me.
04-18-2009 10:43 PM
Well, I just took an old VMWare image with 7.2.1 on and Win 2003 R2 and updated it to everything that could be downloaded (the only thing not downloaded was Search v4.0). But, it's as patched as it can be - and SLX still works for me. Sorry, but it does look as if it's just your site as I would have expected others to be posting by now that they also have the same issue.
Not sure where to go from here - is there anything else running (AV's, IE - still running v7 ??) that you can think of that may affect it ?
04-18-2009 10:50 PM
04-20-2009 04:57 AM
04-20-2009 06:07 AM
04-20-2009 06:17 AM
Thanks for you help. We have the following structure and versions:
SalesLogix database and server on a VMware server (on this for 6 months prior with no problems):
- SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition 9.00.1406.00
- SalesLogix 22.214.171.1242 Client (which runs fine locally on the SQL/SalesLogix server
160 SalesLogix 126.96.36.1992 Clients
90+ on internal network domain connecting to the same server above (Clients work)
70 external clients running SalesLogix on Terminal Server 2003 SP2 Remote Desktops (Clients error)
My developers and myself also have Terminal Services accounts, AND cannot connect as we get the errors posted. I really believe somehow has changed something on domain permissions and its messed up anyone with that Terminal Server in there profiles. Waiting for my networking/Active Directory guys to get in to interrogate them!