Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Accepted Solution

Connections for new users SalesLogix Citrix.

We installed SalesLogix Client in a XenApp server and We need to configure the connections one time and new users which log on server by Citrix have the connections.

Is it possible?.

Thanks in advance.

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Connections for new users SalesLogix Citrix.

Yes, it's automatic. Make sure you define connection on server as Admin. This is copied to HKLM/software/saleslogix/adologin - then, as each user logs in this is copied to hkcu/software/saleslogix/adologin - and the user logs in. So, it's important that the first connection is completed correctly,

Thanks,

In the server there isn't register in HKLM but there is in HKCU/software/saleslogix/adologin. What is wrong?. How could I fix it?.

Thanks

Silver Super Contributor

Yes, there is. If 64bit, look under syswow64 instead.
Silver Super Contributor

The actual name is here (wasn't at PC earlier):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SalesLogix\CUD\ADOLogin\Connection1

This is the key that is looked at and copied to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SalesLogix\ADOLogin\Connection1

If that fails (to login) then the user is prompted. It also relies on:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SalesLogix

CUDCopied (1/DWORD)

Which indicates it was copied from HKLM originally.

Copper Super Contributor

We use a login script to simply load the registry setting. We use KIX but it could be done with a batch file and regedit. KIX allows us to set registry values directly but I'm sure you could simply export those keys from a configured login, then import them into HKCU using a login script. You could use the /s option so it's silent,  regedit.exe /s path of .reg file. You could also use group policy to distribute registry changes to everyone as another option. But wait there is one more option. If you put citrix in "install mode", set the registry changes, then go back to execute it will copy to all users on their next login. Using the install script works for us since it's instant, I can make a change and on next login it's applied, even to new users.

Copper Super Contributor

We use a login script to simply load the registry setting. We use KIX but it could be done with a batch file and regedit. KIX allows us to set registry values directly but I'm sure you could simply export those keys from a configured login, then import them into HKCU using a login script. You could use the /s option so it's silent,  regedit.exe /s path of .reg file. You could also use group policy to distribute registry changes to everyone as another option. But wait there is one more option. If you put citrix in "install mode", set the registry changes, then go back to execute it will copy to all users on their next login. Using the install script works for us since it's instant, I can make a change and on next login it's applied, even to new users.

Copper Super Contributor

We use a login script to simply load the registry setting. We use KIX but it could be done with a batch file and regedit. KIX allows us to set registry values directly but I'm sure you could simply export those keys from a configured login, then import them into HKCU using a login script. You could use the /s option on regedit so it's transparent to the user,  regedit.exe /s path of .reg file. You could also use group policy to distribute registry changes to everyone as another option. But wait there is one more option. If you put citrix in "install mode", set the registry changes, then go back to execute it will copy to all users on their next login. Using the install script works for us since it's instant, I can make a change and on next login it's applied, even to new users.

Ups, thank you very much.