Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Contributor
Accepted Solution

Command Line Arguments

Does anybody know what the command line arguments for Saleslogix 8.0 is?   We're trying to set up shortcuts to differentiate between the Live and Development/QA servers.

I found an older post that suggests its /b ConnectionName /n user, etc.   I got the user part to work, but the /b doesn't seem to have any affect, it always displays the last connection used.

Thanks

Robert

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Command Line Arguments

I'm fairly sure these haven't worked for a long time - as there was confusion over what was in registry (connection) and strings that aren't correct. Consequently, there's not a way to pass in the connection name.
Bronze Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I don't suppose there's another way of doing it?   We've got users that want to know as little about logging in as possible.  So we have Windows authentication and just want to be able to switch the connection via a shortcut or something.

Silver Super Contributor

If you have windows authentication going on (another reason the /B doesn't work) the issue is worse (or better depending on POV) - as nothing is displayed and it just logs right in. I don't know a way to bypass that (you have the /BYPASSNTLOGIN but that's not going to help here).
Bronze Contributor

Ah well, thanks!

Bronze Super Contributor

Guys,

The below works for me and logs in fine, have not tested with Windows Auth but don't see why it would not work.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SalesLogix\Saleslogix.exe" /b datalink alias /n admin /p (currently none set)

Regards

Craig

Silver Super Contributor

Craig - you are right as ever. The trick is that you must use /n and /p together (I didn't use /p) - you cannot use just /b which was what I was doing. Good news !
Bronze Contributor

Thanks!  That totally worked!   I didn't think to try with the username and password, I was trying only with the /b flag.   Smiley Embarassed

Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Robert,

Glad it helped, you have to provide all parameters even if there is for example no password, you still need to include /P

Regards

Craig

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Mike,

Absolutely right, you have to pass in all the switches for it to work and as you say good to know it still does.

Regards

Craig