Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Can you temporarily change the Key Base value to restore from an older version of a Remote DB?

Hi All,

Hope someone can help or has experienced a similar situation. 

I have a remote user who's hard drive crashed, so I cut a new Remote database and installed on a new laptop.  In the meantime, one of our systems engineers was able to retrieve the Remote DB from failed hard drive and the Sales Rep wants to Sync the missing changes that from that DB.

The documentation says that the Key Base auto increments with every new database created and if the Key Base on the Host is less than the Key Base on the Remote you'll get an error.  But, what about if the reverse is true? 

I may need to temporarily change the keybase value to match the old db, then sync, then cut a new db for the user.

Is it possible to temporarily change the Key Base value so the changes could sync to the Main Office then, change it back so they could sync back out to the new Remote?

Your recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kate

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Can you temporarily change the Key Base value to restore from an older version of a Remote DB?

Use the new database. Sync it.

It will send the old Sync files and apply them as usual.

Chris

Cheers
Chris Grant
Plus Consulting