Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can't run Sysdba user fix script? - SQL 2005 / SLX 751

I'm currently setting up a test SLX database. I think I'm nearly finished - but I can' t get past this one error. Hoping someone can help!

Error is: 

Msg 15291, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_change_users_login, Line 108

Terminating this procedure. The User name 'sysdba' is absent or invalid.

Msg 15291, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_change_users_login, Line 108Terminating this procedure. The User name 'sysdba' is absent or invalid.

I receive this error when I try to run the sysdbafix_script.

I have:

* Windows Server 2008 R2

* Microsoft SQL Server 2005 set up with mixed authentication on same server

* SLX 7.5.1 installed - mostly Smiley Happy

I had to attach the Saleslogix blank database manually, which went fine - and I understand that I need to run this script, but I can't get past that error. I have tried running the script logged in using Windows authentication as a domain admin, and also as the local SA user. 

I'd call Sage directly, but I'm still waiting for them to quote me on a Support contract, we're just on maintenance right now.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Can't run Sysdba user fix script? - SQL 2005 / SLX 751

If you attached the database manually then you need to create the sysdba user within SQL Server

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted

Saw that you had posted that on another thread -- but I couldn't get that to work. For the newly attached database, there is a sysdba login already existing, and I can't delete it - "the database principle owns a schema in the database, and cannot be dropped". So I try removing the schema, but I can't do that either because the user isn't created properly and is missing a login name - and I can't provide one, field isn't available. So any changes I try to make - no dice, won't save.

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

You wont have any luck with Sage anyway on this one Im afraid - Windows Server 2008 R2 is not supported (qualified) with v7.5.1

Regards, Adam Travers
Highlighted

Naturally. Smiley Happy I'll have to look up and see what IS OK. Seems to me this is an issue within SQL 2005 though, not Server 2008 R2?

Well thanks for your help - if you can think of anything else I'd love to hear it, but it sounds like I may just need to start over with a supported OS and hope it doesn't happen again.

Highlighted

figured out how to delete the existing sysdba user and recreate - had to reassign the sysdba schema to another user temporarily, delete the old sysdba, and then recreate. 

I still can't run the script, but from the response earlier it seems I may not have to?

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

You do need to run the sysdba script. Are you getting the same error?

Regards, Adam Travers
Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hold on!

Are you running the sysdba script against the SalesLogix database? no doubt it defaults to the master database and i suspect you are running it against that..?

Regards, Adam Travers
Highlighted

Ahhh, there we go. See, I had thought of that - and I *thought* I had tried both.. but obviously I mis-clicked because when I just tried again. it worked. Thanks so much!

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

No problem!

Just click the Kudos button on your way out the door!  Smiley Wink

Regards, Adam Travers