Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Attachments Table

After taking a little time to examine the SalesLogix database, I found that the attachments table has about a half million enteries tied to accounts that have been purged from the database.  What would the ramifications be to delete these entries?  We have remote and network users so will the sync service error out in any way?  Thanks!

Martin Rudnick
Wells Fargo
SalesLogix Product Manager

"When in doubt, log out...and reboot"
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Attachments Table

Sure.. kill them off!

FYI: Deleteing the entries in the Attachments table will not delete the actual attachments.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks for the response!  Seeing that there is no account tied to the attachments and the entries are a number of years old, users don't even know that the attachments are either on their computer or in the ntework share.  Regarding that, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  A script will likely be developed to loop through the network folder and delete any files that are not in the attachments table.  For the remotes, the drive space is large enough to last until the next replacement providing that the files are actually on a remote users laptop.  Me thinks that is only a "remote" possibility though.Smiley Wink 

Martin Rudnick
Wells Fargo
SalesLogix Product Manager

"When in doubt, log out...and reboot"
Gold Super Contributor

Sure.. kill them off!
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html