Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Administrator & Architect Lost Connection

Hi Everyone,

Im a newbie to the forum and would really like some help with this issue, I have been working with SLX now for 3 years and Im still learning Smiley Wink

I normally work with the LAN client but have had to learn a bit about the web client fast! Basically i seem to have completely lost the connection to the administrator and architect, when trying to login as admin i just keep getting a connection failed error. I am inputting the correct details into the data link manager but it still wont connect. There is nothing wrong with the Admin account as it logs into the web client fine. The connection manager says the connection is there but I just can get it to connect.

Im not sure if the whole thing isnt set up quite right either as when I did have the administrator working I couldnt see any site details in there, as I was trying to check the attachment path because the mail merge doesnt work either, this is all greyed out when trying ot select a template in the LAN client. Im pulling my hair out to be honest and any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks Everyone

Re: Administrator & Architect Lost Connection

Managed to get this resolved by stopping and starting processes on the server, still have mail merge issues though if anyone can help Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Employee

I presume Word is installed on the machine?

Have you moved or changed the SLX server at all?

Yes word is on the machine, I didnt know if it was related to the attachment path? The whole thing is just grey in the LAN client and there are no visible templates in the web client. As far as I know there hasnt been a server change, apologies I have only just started working with this client and have just been used to one set up.