Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Avid Listener

Adding a new Sales Process Step with Mail Merge in a SalesLogix 7.5.1 Sales Process

Here is an issue that has puzzled me for a couple weeks. 

When attempting to add a Sales Process Step that has a Mail Merge Action the system generates the following error at the time the template is selected.

Exception EOleException:

The data types varchar and text are incompatible in the equal to operator

Exception Location:

[005430CE]{SalesLogix.exe}

We have switched templates and created a new template that only contained the contact.lastname merge field - this made no difference.

I suspected an issue with security.   Does the user need to be a local admin to create this mail merge step?

(This user can create and run merge templates.  I have also used the same db on a different network and then the error is gone.)

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Adding a new Sales Process Step with Mail Merge in a SalesLogix 7.5.1 Sales Process

Just a guess but it sounds like some field storing information in the sales process about the mail merge is incompatible with the field in the plugin table storing the merge data.

Maybe try running the slxprofilere.exe against the client while you are trying to set it up.  When you get the error, look at the profiler to see what fquery is being executed.

Kris Halsrud - Customer FX Corporation / Systems Engineer

customerfx.com
| slxdeveloper.com | goodtraining.com
Highlighted

Re: Adding a new Sales Process Step with Mail Merge in a SalesLogix 7.5.1 Sales Process

I have a same ploblem too.

Do you solve this?