Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Accidentally deleted user & need to restore account

Our support team accidentally deleted a user account. All the associated accounts, contacts, history, activity, etc still has the deteted userid attached which is great. I need to figure out a way to get the newly re-created user account to be associated with those records. Any ideas?
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Accidentally deleted user & need to restore account

If you don't have remote users or offices, you can run a series of update statements to reset all records & fields with the old UserID to the new UserID.   If you do have remote offices or users, you could run the statements inside the Admin SQL tool, or write a VB script in Architect that will be run once from the Admin login.  Be sure to test this on a backup database first.    You also may want your business partner to help you with this.

Well first we tried updating the NEW userid to the OLD userid via database script against the userinfo table. When we did that we couldn't get logged in to the app then. The second thing we tried was taking one record from the activity table and changing the userid, createdby and modifiedby to the NEW userid via database script. However, when the user logged in they did not see the activity in the UI.
Bronze Super Contributor

There are several tables that manage user data and data securty that have a userid you'd need to change, and there may be some blob data that refers to the userid as well.    If you can get it to work that way, then that's great, but changing the old ID to the new one in Account, Contact, History, etc. may be easier.    Whatever you do just do it on a test copy first.

Thanks for you help. I got this resolved. It was messy but worked. Did on test environment first (of course).

THIS IS ONLY TO BE PERFORMED BY A DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR!!!

1. Figure out old userid

2. Create new account in SLX admin tool

3. Find new userid in userinfo table

4. Update userid in UserInfo table

5. Update userid in UserSecurity table

6. Update userid in UserProfile table

7. Remove old records from UserOptions table & update new records

8. Remove old records from UserSecFunctions & update new records

9. Update accessid field in SecRights table

Silver Contributor

Glad you were successful on this.

Just a quick FYI: the USERID definitely has something to do with the encrypted password algorithim, which is the reason you couldn't get access for the old converted from new userid and the old password.

RJ Samp

My SLX Admin tool cannot launch, and I need to check a user account who cannot access the Contract side of SLX.  Would you know what to check?