Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Access SalesLogix account from Crystal Reports

Hi all.

Here's a crazy idea, is there a way to access a SalesLogix account from Crystal Reports?

The end user would click or do something in Crystal Reports that would open the account in SalesLogix.

Currently, we highlight the account id in the report, right click and select copy, then we lookup the account by it's id.

Hopefully someone's run into this.

Thanks!

SLX LAN v7.2.1

Copper Contributor

Re: Access SalesLogix account from Crystal Reports

Very simple build a link like this on Account id "slx:ACCOUNT/AGHEA0002669".

Will solve your problem if slx is installed on client m/c.

Thanks and regards

Sandeep

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep Gaykhe
Providian Global Solutions
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Sandeep,

Would you need to create the link for every Account/Accountid in your report? or am i missing something here.

Regards, Adam Travers

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Employee

you just create a formula field in SalesLogix that is a hyperlink type or clickable and on that u can put SLX:ENTITYNAME:fieldname(note this approach is only for the Client Server/Application.

Guess this should answer your query.

Cheers

Kannan

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks for the replies, but I'm a bit confused.

For example, this is the field: {C_MyTable.ACCOUNTID} that when the user clicks it should take them to the account detail of that id in SalesLogix.

So I create a formula field and simply put the following:{C_MyTable.ACCOUNTID} , then I go to Format field and click on the Hyperlink tab and which option do I choose? File, website etc.

And I type "SLX:{C_MyTable.ACCOUNTID}" ?

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
If I recall correctly you cannot use a hyperlink in Crystal because it is not data driven - it is a hardcoded value you enter at design time. If you find otherwise please share!
Message Edited by tagersea on 06-12-2009 01:47 PM
Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Copper Contributor

I dont remember about earlier version but with crystal XI professional & format painter of a field you can do that.
Thanks and Regards
Sandeep Gaykhe
Providian Global Solutions
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get this to work?

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited

I am also very interested in finding out if this is possible but going from a Web Report to 7.5.1 Web Client.

Many thanks

Martin (User, currently using 7.2.1 LAN, looking at upgrading to 7.5.1 Web)

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks to John's help from other SalesLogix forum, I was able to figure out how to get this to work.

I have SLX LAN v7.2.1 and Crystal Reports XI Pro. One of the fields on my crystal report is the Account Name which I use as the hyperlink field:

Below are the steps I took to get this work, hopefully it helps anyone wishing to do the same:

1. I decided to use the account name field in my crystal report as the hyperlink
2. I right clicked the field and chose "Format Field"
3. I went to the last tab "Hyperlink"
4. I selected: A Website on the Internet
5. Instead of typing something in the textbox provided in the Hyperlink information I pressed the "Format Formula Editor" button
6. I typed the following in the formula editor: Chr(34) & "slx:account/" + {ACCOUNT.ACCOUNTID}& Chr(34)

And that's it!

The only thing that I don't like and am willing to deal with for now s that when you click the hyperlink it opens the account detail for the account in the background because the crystal report stays open and you won't be able to view the account detail until you close the crystal report.

If anyone knows how I can close the crystal report after I click the hyperlink so I can view the account detail that would be great!

Good luck!

Now when I view the crystal report, when I click the account name it goes to the account's detail IN THE BACKGROUND, because the crystal report stays open and the only way I can see the account detail is to actually close the crystal report.