Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: 7.5 Application Architect - Project Explorer - no packages

Is Beyond Compare really the answer in the poster's sutuation?    Unless one is a .NET guru who reads ASPX, XML, C# and JScript the way other people read Twitter feeds, you really need to open the site in Application Architect, where the whole site can be compared to Sage's Project Backup and a bundle based on differences made.   That's why I was wondering if there was a way to construct a useable VFS from the IIS Server.     While VFS's should be backed up and stored in a known loacation other than the hard drive where they are created, we all know stuff happens, so there should be a way to recover everything from the Web host machine.     
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: 7.5 Application Archtiect - Project Explorer - no packages

If you open it and there is nothing there, it's missing all the VFS. What you are seeing is an empty VFS.
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: 7.5 Application Architect - Project Explorer - no packages

[ Edited ]

It deploys OUT.. no return capability. Plus, what is on the web site(s) is typically compiled. 

Besides that.. It does take an "expert" to deal with it. Not something a typical customer business analyst can handle. Not typically in his/her skill set.

Message Edited by RJLedger on 03-12-2010 01:48 PM
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: 7.5 Application Archtiect - Project Explorer - no packages

[ Edited ]
It seems to me that your BP deployed only the website output to your environment and did not actually provide the source project(s). If this is the case I agree with RJLedger - call Sage and report the behavior. The partner should provide you the project files to enable you to customize and regenarate your website(s).
Message Edited by tagersea on 03-12-2010 08:44 PM
Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM