Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Contributor

7.5.4 Web Client Export To Excel

Hello, I'm trying to determine what needs to be setup in 7.5.4 in order to allow a user to export to excel, is there a new setting some where that needs to be established? We have the desktop manager installed, however only the administrator account can see the export to excel or export to a file from a group.

Thanks ~ Chad

Chad Morton
Employee

Re: 7.5.4 Web Client Export To Excel

The only criteria for the Export to Excel items to show up is that Desktop Integration be installed on the user's computer, unless there has been a customization to disable this Export to Excel functionality.

Thanks

Mike

Nickel Contributor

Odd...we do not have any customizations to prevent exporting, on the same machine with Desktop Integration Manager installed while logged in as admin it's there, while logged in as another user it's not there.

Chad Morton
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Did you check in the SLX Administrator if the user's client settings were restricted for exporting capabilities?  I found that to be my culprit a few months ago...

Employee

It looks like it was added as a secured action in 7.5.4; I was unaware of that. It looks like it is available to both the Standard User profile and the Administrator profile out-of-the-box. The secured action is Entities/Group/ExportToExcel. If this feature is unavailable to you the SalesLogix Administrator will have to grant access.

Thanks

Mike