Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

7.5.4 Remote Office Won't Sync Attachments

Hi,

Have a recent 7.2.x to 7.5.4 upgrade with multiple Remote Offices (some Windows 2003, some Windows 2008).  Attachments added on the Remote Offices will not sync back to the host database.   Did a complete uninstall (with manual registry key removal) and re-install.  No change.  The only time Attachments will sync is if you use the "Update" button on the Attachments tab.  Saleslogix services are running under local system (I changed this to run under a user with local admin priviledges to no avail).

Every time an Attachment is added on a Remote Office, the following 2 Event Viewer messages are logged:

Msg 1: Logging Attachment on a remote.

Msg 2: Error writing to Logfile: WriteToLog - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SalesLogix\Documents\!QABCDA2003Q1test.txt does not exist on the remote.  Unable to send attachment to host.

Any ideas as to what is going wrong?  Thanks.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: 7.5.4 Remote Office Won't Sync Attachments

Hi,

Have you checked if there is anti-virus software in place which could be prohibiting attachments from being sent?

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Tuned Listener

Hi Adam,

There is A/V running, but I added the the c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\saleslogix\ directory and sub-directories to the exclude list and it did not make a difference unfortunately.

Bronze Elite Contributor

I have just searched back through our internal resources and we had an issue previously where the Documents folder had restricted permissions on the folder. Shot in the dark, have you checked that’s fine as per the implementation guide?

Also, have you tried completely disabling the AV for a test sync If the above is fine?

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Tuned Listener

Hi Adam,

I temporarily disabled the A/V service.  Still no joy. 

The actual SyncLogs directory structure has wide open security rights.  The issue doesn't appear to be directly sync related; more so an issue of logging in prep for syncing.  When I attach a file in the Sales Client, the file gets added to the SyncLogs/Documents folder just fine.  Within a few seconds of the Attachment, the server processes the QUEUE files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SalesLogix\Sync\QUEUEFiles\ but any QUEUE files related to handling the Attachment file fail (and this is when the Event Log error is generated).  Running sync client does not generate the errors.  The database record is synced back to the host database without issue.

I'm not exactly sure why the AppData folder would be involved in the Attachment process and why the logging service is expecting the Attachment file to be in that directory.   Shouldn't it just be looking for the new Attachment file in the actual SyncLogs directory?

Nickel Contributor

For the benefit of others browsing this thread, we resolved this issue by applying Update 02 and Update 06 for v7.5.4.

These updates are not available via the Partners Online website (as of today), but they are available if you log on to the Sage Portal and then search the Knowledgebase for "7.5.4 Update 02" and "7.5.4 Update 06".

Thanks!

Anosh

Tuned Listener

Anosh,

Thanks for following up on this.  I'll give these a shot.