Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor

7.5.3 SQL Views and Remote Databases

SQL Views that are enabled within the database administrator are created as tables in new remote databases.  If you do not enable the SQL View it is excluded altogether from the remote database.

At this time we still do not have support for SQL Views.

Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Gold Super Contributor

Re: 7.5.3 SQL Views and Remote Databases

Timmus,

Is this happening when:

A - a remote (user/office) exists and one "enables" the view via the DBadmin (and were getting a synch out)?

B - you apply SP3 (it does a bit of a "hack" - which was identified as a defect during beta) and it creates the SQL views the new web based admin needs?

C - you cut a new remote user/office db after upgrading to SP3?

All/any/any combo of the above?.. or something I missed?

We have several Windows/LAN upgrades we're doing right now for several clients and I\m concerned.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Bronze Super Contributor

I have not tested A.  Will test this soon.

This is not B - interestingly these views were created correctly in the new remote db.

C is the issue that I ran into so far.  

1. Create custom SQL view
  2. Db Manager - enable the view - there is no primary key and I dont need one as I am not creating an entity based on the view
  3. Create a remote database
  4. A table is created instead of a view

Again, it is very bizarre that the stock SQL views are created no problem.  Hopefully Sage did not hard code exceptions...

I am going to test a view with a primary key to see if that is the crux of the problem.  I will also test creating/enabling a view and seeing if it syncs to existing remotes.

Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM
Bronze Super Contributor

I have retested the remote database creation and it correctly created the SQL Views.  I suspect I was running the 7.5.2 version of the administrator against a 7.5.3 database by accident.  My mistake - please disregard...

Timmus Agersea
Black Moth CRM