Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Silver Contributor

7.5.3 Install: Event Viewer error LegacyBridge on startup

Anyone know how to get rid of this Event Viewer errors (Windows Server 2003, SQL Server 2005):

There was an unexpected in in PathManager. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.; Source=Sage.SalesLogix.LegacyBridge; Stack= at Sage.SalesLogix.LegacyBridge.PathManager..cctor()

Thanks!

RJ Samp

Re: 7.5.3 Install: Event Viewer error LegacyBridge on startup

Hi did you figure this out? I'm having the same issue. It seems to be holding up my upgrade from 7.5.0 to 7.5.3. 

Copper Contributor

I opened a case with support on this issue.  If you search the support knowledgebase for "How to configure Path Manager"  you'll find the article that made the error go away for me.  The key steps from the article are below...

Path Manager is enabled by creating the PathManager registry key:

1. From the Start button, click Run.
  2. In the Open field, type regedit.
  3. Expand to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SalesLogix.
  4. Create the registry key \PathManager. For information on creating registry keys, see the Registry Editor help files, Microsoft's knowledge base, or contact an  IT/Network Administrator.
    Note:  This is a registry key and not a registry name or value.
  5. Open the SalesLogix Client.
    Note:  When the SalesLogix Client starts up it looks for the existence of this key to enable Path Manager to override default folder locations.
  6. Exit the SalesLogix Client.
    Note:  This will create the appropriate registry values within the key.
  7. Configure registry values under the key created in step 1.
    Note:  These values must be configured  to comply with the network environment.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi,

I have hit the same issue on a Windows Server 2008 environment. However, the registry entry for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SalesLogix does not exist (I have checked other 2008 servers too) I have tried to create the SalesLogix key and PathManager sub key to no avail.

Any ideas anyone?

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Bronze Elite Contributor

Please ignore my previous thread. I have just realised I should be looking under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SalesLogix

and not

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SalesLogix

Smiley Mad

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited